Friday, February 14, 2014

Pre and Post UDL Lesson Assessment

Since UDL has been our main focus, when assessing a previously written lesson plan for finding the circumference of a circle, I found that my lesson had some UDL pros and cons.  First, my lesson can be easily altered visually for students, checkpoint 1.1.  Since it’s on a PowerPoint, changing the color, font, font size, and amount of information on one slide can easily be modified.  I also found that checkpoint 3.3 was evident.  This checkpoint requires guided information processing, visualization, and manipulation.  During the lesson, students are given a visual of the problem and are required to complete the problem step by step.

My biggest challenge when developing my lesson plan for more variety in the use of UDL will be the use of voice recognition math software, alternative keyboards for students, and portable math programs students can use during the class.  This are see in checkpoints 2.3 and 4.2.  Another obstacle was checkpoint 6.3, facilitate managing information and resources, for this I added a graphic organizer for students to complete during the lesson.

By knowing how to assess your lesson plans, you, as an educator, can create the most diverse lesson plan that can be modified for every type of student.

No comments:

Post a Comment