Friday, January 31, 2014

UDL Toolkit


Now that we have an understanding of what UDL is, we can explore deeper to what tools we can place in our toolkit to help students be successful.  Just like any toolkit needs appliances to be complete such as hammer and nails, a toolkit for learning needs to be stocked with strategies and resources.  With the help of this toolkit, students of all types of disabilities will be able to strive for success in a classroom.  This toolkit can be helpful for all subjects from writing to mathematics.  Not only can it be helpful in general subjects but continues beyond to topics such as study and research skills, which in my opinion are just as important. 


Before this toolkit I never knew that so many different types of resources existed out there.  When I am in the classroom, this toolkit will definitely be my number one source for math, study, and research skills.


References:
http://udltechtoolkit.wikispaces.com

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mia, you mention that this is a useful tool kit for all areas of learning. I agree. It is one of the best resources that I have been introduced to as well. It is definitely book marked on my main page. Which resource could you see yourself using over and over?

      Delete
  2. Mia, I agree this tool kit is a great resource. I thought it was very useful as well and a great way to incorporate UDL in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete