Monday, January 27, 2014

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, Learning: A Never Ending Journey!  In this blog you will be able to follow my journey while I learn about Assistance Technology.  I will be learning about Assistive technology practices that can help lead to the success of students with disabilities in a social or academic setting. 

Although I am not currently teaching in a classroom, Assistance Technology surrounds students all day every day whether they know it or not.  These forms of Assistive Technology vary from using a laptop, a high-tech tool, to a pencil grip that makes it easier for some students to write, a low-tech tool.  As mentioned before, the use of these practices can help a student with disabilities become more independent in the classroom.


Personally, I am taking this class as an elective because I think knowing this information can help me when I do have my own classroom.  In schools today, inclusive classroom is a common practice and since I am not certified in Special Education, I want to make sure I can prepare myself as much as possible so ALL my students can be successful in the classroom.  This belief of mine is similar to Universal Design for Learning (UDL); UDL gives equal opportunities to learn to all students.  On my next post I will go deeper into UDL so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I am very excited to hear your perspective on assistive technology and UDL! Best of luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete